POST SURGICAL WOUND CARE
- Keep the wound dry for 12-24 hours (leave bandage on until next morning).
- Gently cleanse wound daily using Q-tips moistened with salt water (to make normal saline boil 1 cup water + ½ tsp. salt). The salt water should soften, loosen and remove all the dried blood and other debris from the wound.
- Gently apply a small amount of topical antibiotic OINTMENT (Polysporin) or Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to the wound with a Q-tip. This must be done twice daily until 2-3 days after the stitches are removed and if no stitches were used to close the wound, apply twice daily for 2 weeks. We do not recommend Neosporin because of high risk of allergic reaction.
- The wound will heal well if it is left covered only with ointment. However, if you wish to cover the wound for cosmetic reasons you may use a standard Band-Aid or small TELFA pad with PAPER TAPE.
- Call if significant pain or redness occurs.
- Please follow-up in 2 weeks for biopsy results and treatment planning.
- You will be contacted with your biopsy result only if there is an abnormality. If you would like to know your biopsy result please wait 2 weeks before contacting our office.
YOU WILL HAVE YOUR STITCH REMOVAL IN THE SPECIFIED NUMBER OF DAYS.