- Soak in a tub filled with lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes (no bubbles!). Use a bland/mild soap only in areas that need it (under the arms, feet, groin/buttocks).
- Pat dry with a towel and immediately apply the medicated ointment you have been prescribed to any problem (raised and red) areas. Then apply an emollient (CeraVe cream or Cetaphil Restoraderm lotion) to the entire body. If the skin is very inflamed these might burn the skin and something like Aveeno Soothing Relief Moisture Cream applied to the skin first before the CeraVe/Cetaphil Restoraderm might make it more tolerable.
- Cover affected areas with cotton gauze and make it damp with warm water.
- Wrap another layer of dry gauze on top and secure with tape or a tensor bandage
- Put on a layer of clothing over the dry gauze to hold it in place.
- The next morning reply the medicated ointment to problem areas and the emollient cream over top.
- Repeat whenever your eczema flares up.