Wet Pyjamas/Dry Pyjamas
- Soak in a tub filled with lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes (no bubbles!).
- Pat dry with a towel and immediately apply th 1% hydrocortisone ointment you have been prescribed to any problem (raised and red) areas. Then apply an emollient (CeraVe cream or Cetaphil Restoraderm lotion) to the entire body. If the skin is very inflamed these might burn the skin and something like Aveeno Soothing Relief Moisture Cream applied to the skin first before the CeraVe/Cetaphil Restoraderm might make it more tolerable.
- Put on cotton pyjamas/sleeper with feet and make damp with warm water.
- Put another layer of dry pyjamas on top.
- Make sure the room is cool enough so that your child doesn’t overheat during the night.
- The next morning reply the medicated ointment to problem areas and the emollient cream over top.
- Repeat whenever your child has a flare of their eczema.